Monday, August 10, 2009

| by Posted by Eddie Yvan

0

Follow Up

Drake Speaks on Working With Pharrell, So Far Gone Follow-up

“I just gotta get this tour knocked out,” he said earlier this week, smiling about going on the road as part of the America’s Most Wanted Music Festival, which will feature Lil Wayne, Soulja Boy Tell’em and Young Jeezy.

“I am working on [the album] right now. I’ve actually started. I was in the studio with Pharrell, and it’s basically a pretty lax process for us.

“Basically, So Far Gone worked,” he continued, talking about his strategy for the highly anticipated LP. “So, let’s just try to do it again. You know, let’s try and act as if we were making a second disc to So Far Gone. Picking up on things I feel So Far Gone missed out on. Taking away things that people liked but didn’t respond to as much as they did to Best I Ever Had, Uptown, or the joint with Lloyd [Successful]. There were specific things on that mixtape that I know unanimously people loved and certain things that people didn’t necessarily understand. So basically, I’m just trying to find the strongest points off So Far Gone and basing the album off that.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment