Monday, August 17, 2009

| by Posted by Eddie Yvan

0

DRAKE MIXTAPE SET TO HIT RETAIL STORES



Question: Why in the h*ll would you send a free mix tape to retail stores? Here we go again with this Drake buzz, B.S! Now, he thinks he has enough of a buzz to release his mix tape Thank Me Later (which has been downloaded 50 million times for free) and now charge you for it.
Before he releases his debut album Thank Me Later, Drake will re-release his popular mixtape, So Far Gone. The album, which will include the hits Best I Ever Had and Successful, goes to retailers on September 15, according to MTV News. The revamped project will also feature a new song called Fear, which will be added to the end of So Far Gone and will serve as the transition from his mixtape to Thank Me Later.

“I did this song that no one has ever heard before, ever,” he told MTV News. “[It's] a song called ‘Fear.’ I recorded it when I did
So Far Gone—the first verse and half of the second verse I had gotten through. But then I just stopped because it was getting eerie. It was getting where I didn’t know if I could [finish it]. And then the other night I had a moment and I finished the song. That’s gonna be the last song on the retail [version of] So Far Gone. And the third verse transitions into Thank Me Later. So the last line of the third verse is gonna be the first line on my album.”
Okay I understand Drake may be trying to make a few coins off that mix tape, which was free to the general public originally. However, what's the point of doing all that when the whole world already has the mix tape. Who in their right mind will go to the store and spend money on something they already got?

I'm not hating but Drake needs to stop playing and just get that real album out and stop tying to ride the waves of his mix tape. He's gonna mess around and fu*k up the sales of his debut album. Have we forgotten the point of a mix tape? (only to build the buzz, not for retail sale) Maybe Drake should have thought about that before he decided to release it for free from the beginning.

0 comments:

Post a Comment